Lindsay Pomeroy grew up in an idyllic place in New Hampshire has an identical twin, an adorable niece and a very lively family. She began her career trek towards wine when she lived in Italy and attempted to teach English to Italians. She made lasting friends with Italians who taught her the art of espresso-drinking and chocolate-tasting (her other loves), and helped her develop an addiction to salami, which she has reluctantly given up as a newly minted vegetarian.
She loved Italy, but her passion for wine started in San Diego, California where she currently still resides. Historically more of a beach-and-beer town than a wine-drinker’s mecca, Lindsay has helped foster a community of knowledge-thirsty wine drinkers in San Diego throughout her 12-year tenure as the Chief Wine Educator and founder of Wine Smarties. Founded in 2006, The Wine Smarties is San Diego County’s first wine education company and Lindsay Pomeroy is the first and exclusive instructor for the Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) and French Wine Scholar (FWS) in San Diego and Temecula counties!
Leading up to becoming an MW, Lindsay successfully earned her WSET Diploma, FWS certificate and Certified Wine Educator (CWE). Outside of wine, Lindsay loves to spend time with her colorful family and friends, go rollerblading, meditate, and sport a fanny pack, which she claims is fashionable again.
Her MW Research paper topic was:
A study of water monitoring technology in the drought affected counties of San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and San Diego: current usage, attitudes towards technologies and factors that influence adoption
Her background includes experience in both the education and the food and wine Industries. Her career highlights include:.
- Master of Wine (MW) in 2018-Institute of Masters of Wine (MW)
- Certified Wine Educator (CWE) – Society of Wine Educators
- WSET Diploma (AIWS) – Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET)
- Certified Spanish Wine Educator – The Wine Academy of Spain
- French Wine Scholar (FWS) Certified Instructor-French Wine Society
- Directed Wine Spectator Award-Winning wine programs throughout San Diego.
- Teaching since 2001 and affiliated with the Food & Beverage industry since 1991
- San Diego Magazine’s 2009, 2010 and 2011 finalist for ‘Women Who Move the City’
Full of pizazz and endless new ideas, she adds sparkle to the world of wine!
To view Lindsay’s Complete Profile, visit:
Read Featured as Sommelier in Chef’s Roll Chef’s Roll Interview
Read The Exclusive UT interview on Lindsay and her journey in wine UT Interview
Listen to Lindsay discuss San Diego’s Wine Scene on KPBS Radio Radio Interview