French Wine Scholar Certification Program (FWS)
The French Wine Scholar program is an official course of study designed by the French Wine Society to provide current, accurate information on the wine regions of France and validate proficiency in the Wines of France. It is endorsed by Wines of France/French National Wine Office and is taught by licensed French Wine Scholar Instructors. Wine professionals who follow this in-depth curriculum on the wines of France and pass the exam, earn the French Wine Scholar (FWS) post-nominal. In order to prepare properly, you must read and study the FWS manual carefully.
The curriculum and teaching materials for the French Wine Scholar Program are the same regardless of where you study. Our industry leading instructors will make the difference in your learning experience.
FWS Course Program Overview
- 24 hours of instruction with tutored tastings
- A 250-page, full-color FWS Study Manual & FWS exam registration
- Access for 1 full year to the FWS Online Study Program
- 1 hour multiple choice exam.
- The French Wine Scholar (FWS) credential, certificate and lapel pin upon passing the FWS exam
- Introduction to France: winemaking, viticultue, history
- Northern France: Alsace, Champagne, Jura, Savoie, Burgundy, Loire
- Southern France: Bordeaux, Rhone, Languedoc and Roussillon, Southwest, Provence, Corsica
FWS Class Session at